Exercise is usually something that people do not enjoy but I think everyone will agree that jumping on a trampoline is lots of fun. In fact, it’s so much fun that you may not believe me when I say that it is one of the best forms of exercise. Trampoline exercises can drive away stress while you lose pounds. If you have a mini trampoline, you can even exercise while watching TV.
Why Trampoline Exercise Is Great
• It burns calories and fat. You burn more calories with trampoline exercises than you do when you jog for the same amount of time. And yet, you’ll feel more tired after jogging. That’s because running and jogging are high impact exercises. Jogging puts a lot of stress on your joints and spine. Rebounding or trampoline exercises, on the other, are a low-impact form of exercise. You won’t feel stressed out after you exercise.
• As you rebound, the forces of acceleration and deceleration stimulate the flow of your lymphatic system. This helps to cleanse toxins and waste products from your cells so you’ll feel more refreshed. Trampoline exercises strengthen your muscles, organs and bones. They help you lose weight, improve your coordination and balance, increase your metabolism and have more energy.
• It improves your cardiovascular system and increases your aerobic capacity. This means a stronger heart and lungs.
• It strengthens and tones your muscles.
• Last but not least, trampoline exercise is fun and makes you feel great.
Basic Trampoline Exercises
Learning the correct technique is important for safety and to get the most out of your mini trampoline. Once you learn the proper technique, you’ll enjoy the exercises more and you’ll see the results faster. Before you start, do stretches on solid ground. Don’t forget to warm up and cool down.
Aim to stay in the center of the trampoline and use your arms for momentum and balance. Keep your feet together and start bouncing in the middle of the mini trampoline.
Bend your knees slightly when you come in contact with the trampoline. Jump and drive your arms straight up over your head at the same time.
Keep your legs straight when you jump and bring your arms down to your sides at the top of your jump. Repeat this cycle.
Tips: Look straight ahead when jumping and stay in the middle of the trampoline. Use your core muscles to maintain your balance and control your bounce. Gradually build height. Gain confidence and master staying in the middle of the trampoline.
Start bouncing to gain momentum. Keep your arms above your head and jump. At the top of the jump, twist your body and land facing the opposite direction. Try to land in the middle of the trampoline and continue bouncing. Use your core muscles to twist your body. Keep your arms straight above your head when you twist.
There are lots of basic trampoline exercises that you should learn and master. As you get stronger and more skilled, you’ll gain the confidence to try harder workouts. Stay safe and exercise within your skill level.