Great Safari Preparations Equals Great Safari Experiences!
Preparations on Clothing
One area that is the main source of devastating safari experiences, is clothing. When you are preparing for a Kenyan safari, it is fundamental that you take careful consideration about the type and style of clothing you carry along.
- Some of the factors that you should take into account includes the weather patterns of the various safari locations you will visit in Kenya. This is because, different regions across Kenya experience different types of climatic conditions.
- For instance, down at the Coast, it is extremely hot and humid for the better part of the year. On the other hand, in most parts of Rift Valley and Western provinces the climate is relatively cool with substantial amount of rainfall throughout the year with occasional spells of cold.
Therefore, it is advisable to carry clothes that are suitable for the different safari locations. Some of the clothing that have come in handy for me includes trench coats, shorts, scarfs, t-shirts, denim jeans and one or two pieces of formal wear in case I get invited for official functions during my safari escapades. In addition, being a relatively conservative nation, it is a good idea to tone down on the type of clothes you wear. This is more applicable for female safari enthusiasts
Shoes are particularly important when you are planning to engage in safari walks, game hunting, and mountain climbing and caving adventures. You do not want to go game hunting with your million dollar Gucci shoes or explore caves with your stilettos. They will not only be damaged but also, they can cause you serious leg and bone injuries.
- Invest in good safari shoes. I have found running shoes to do the trick. This is because they are built for these types of activities. There are assortments of brand of shoes that have stood the test of time such as the Nike Safari running shoes. An avid user of running shoes, they are ideal for walks and jogs and they can effectively withstand the strain of safari adventures.
- Remember, suitable clothes and good shoes during a safari equals comfort, flexibility and agility in engaging in various safari adventures including game hunting thus, enriching your safari experiences
Preparations for Your Safari Pictures
Since taking an African safari and for this matter a Kenyan safari is a life -long dream, you will need to carry the memories of the safari with you by taking as many pictures as you can. Although there are variety of relatively affordable cameras sold around major towns and cities in Kenya, having your own camera from home is more convenient. This ensures that you not only have the right type of cameras and devices to capture all the exciting safari experiences but also, ensure you have quality photos and videos to store and share with friends.
There is a wide variety of camera brands that you can use during and after your safari.
Preparations For Your Luggage
Loss of luggage is a common occurrence among safari enthusiasts. Most of the time, loss of luggage is caused by poor preparedness.
- Instead of bringing everything you own on a safari, simply restrict yourself to one or two bags that contains the most essential things. This means investing in quality bags that will ensure your things are safe and in good condition.
- There are numerous brands of bags that you can invest in depending on your budget, needs and style.
Preparations on Additional Items
When you are on a safari, there are items that you can carry along that enrich your safari experiences. This includes
- Binocular; to gaze beyond the horizon
- Compass; to find your way in the Kenyan jungle
- Flash disk; for additional storage of your photos etc.,
- Watch; to help you meet your safari itinerary
- Map; to find your way when in new places