So you have decided you want to build big, bulging muscles? All you have to do is join a gym, hit the weights and there you go, in a few months you will have so much muscle mass you’ll be ready to enter a bodybuilding contest. It’s that simple.
OK, maybe it’s not that simple to build big, bulging muscles? To gain muscle mass, you’ve got to do more than just going to the gym on a regular basis. Here are some tips to gaining muscle mass:
1. Eat, Eat,Eat. Building muscles requires you to eat. You should consume more calories than you are burning.
2. Eat plenty of protein. If you want to gain muscle mass fast, eat about 1 gram of protein per pound of your body weight daily. No protein then no big muscles.
3. Supplement. If you don’t eat enough protein from you diet, try protein shakes as a supplement. Creatine supplement is great for adding muscle strength, so you can lift heavier weights.
4. Weight Training. Build muscles by adding more weights consistently to your weight training routine. But its important that you are using the proper lifting techniques and form. Don’t lift heavy weights for the sake of lifting heavy weights.
5. Lift Free Weights. Free weights like dumbbells and barbells add more muscle fibers to be worked.
6. Compound Exercises. Such as bench presses, squats, barbell rows, chin ups and dead lifts. If you focus on working on your tiny muscles, then you will have tiny muscle growth.
7. Get Enough Rest. Rest between workout days and don’t workout the same muscles more than 2x a week. Your muscles need time to recover so they can grow.
8. Get Enough Sleep. Get about 8 hours of sleep a day. More if you can. Muscles grow when you’re asleep.
Practicing those 8 tips consistently, will have your muscle growing big and strong in no time.